The safety and well-being of all BRITMOVE Customers and Transport Partners is always our priority. We will be continuously monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID19) situation, following governmental advice and taking the necessary steps to avoid any further spread of the virus.
BRITMOVE AND COVID-19
We are monitoring the situation daily and making sure BRITMOVE are fully prepared to react to any confirmed cases.
Our drivers are carrying out additional care on all bookings. Please also consider implementing additional precautions when packing/unpacking and making hand sanitiser available within your own premises, as well as regularly washing your hands.
Here is a link to the government guidance:
The World Health Organisation website is also an excellent resource with regards to general hygiene advice and recommendations, which we have summarised below:
- Frequently and thoroughly clean hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissues away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or a cough.
- Avoid greetings that include physical contact e.g. handshakes.
We take the health and safety of our customers and team members very seriously. We are working hard to try to minimise disruption so that you can carry on as usual.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time.
The impact of COVID-19 is now being felt across the whole of the UK and indeed the world. We want to firstly reassure you that the safety and well-being of all BRITMOVE customers and employees remains our top priority throughout this unfolding pandemic.
With this being an ever-changing and fast-evolving situation, we are closely monitoring operations and continuing to put appropriate measures in place to adhere to the UK Government’s latest guidelines and advice.
In order to minimise internal risks, the whole Britmove support team is now conducting all business functions remotely – but rest assured, though we may be working from home, our team continues to provide the same high level of support you will have come to expect through telephony, email and live chat.
Connecting with customers of removal, storage and delivery services, we recognise the importance of reminding our community of specific health and safety measures as well as proactively releasing features in aid of minimising the contamination risk and spread of the disease.
Given our removal team may be in close proximity to multiple customers and consignments during a single day, it is paramount all customers and partners follow the government’s advice around essential services, social distancing and risk aversion.
Adding to the government’s efforts, BRITMOVE has released its own specific guidance for all customers and drivers to follow, as summarised below:
- Britmove team are to collect/deliver from outside of the property where the customer deems at all possible, or otherwise customers are advised to remain in a separate room throughout the course of the service;
- Britmove team have been advised to undertake risk assessments on moves where there is a heightened risk of contamination;
- Britmove team have been advised to wear appropriate PPE when completing moves as we continue to follow the latest government guidance which currently (gov.uk, 26 March 2020) states that work carried out in people’s homes can continue, provided the tradesperson is well and has no symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19);
- We urge all customers and parties involved in a move to keep a suitable distance away, above and beyond the 2 meter social distancing figure, or where possible to reside in a separate room.
It is also important that as an BRITMOVE customer, you consider your move to be essential as per the government’s continually evolving advice.
Similarly, home removals can continue in line with the government’s most recent statement (26 March) addressing removal work where it is said, ‘Removers should honour their existing commitments where it is clear that the move can be done safely for the client and your own staff and it is clear that the moving date cannot be moved.’
It is also stated, ‘Where the property being moved into is vacant, then you can continue with this transaction although you should follow the guidance in this document on home removals’ (available here).
The document goes on to state, ‘If moving is unavoidable for contractual reasons and the parties are unable to reach an agreement to delay, people must follow advice on staying away from others to minimise the spread of the virus.’
The government’s advice to Removal firms which would include many of our transport partners, states:
- ‘Removers should honour their existing commitments where it is clear that the move can be done safely for the client and your own staff and it is clear that the moving date cannot be moved.’
- ‘Removers should follow the latest government guidance which currently (26 March 2020) states that work carried out in people’s homes can continue, provided the tradesperson is well and has no symptoms or coronavirus (COVID-19).’
- ‘It is important to ensure government guidelines are followed, including maintaining a 2 metre distance from others, and washing their hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds (or using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water is not available).’
- ‘No work should be carried out by a person who has coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, however mild.’
It is vitally important we all adhere to the advice being given and ensure we maintain social distancing and risk aversion, conducting and employing only essential activities and services.
Britmoveis here to support all of our customers through this tough time,If you have any concerns or queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to respond to you ASAP.
Best wishes and stay safe,